Cellevate 3D NanoMatrix cell culture scaffolds consists of highly porous and consistent networks of biocompatible nanofibers. The fibers provide an environment which mimic the complex surroundings cells experience in their native tissues. Cells in these networks are allowed to proliferate and interact with other cells in three dimensions (3D), in contrast to the monolayer cultures seen on conventional two dimensional (2D) surfaces. This provides life science researchers with more realistic in-vitro models, which can help reduce the number of drug failures in clinical trials and allows for more relevant data and successful research.
The Cellevate nanofiber scaffolds can be customized to fit your exact needs. A great variety of materials are available and fiber diameter, poresize and scaffold thickness can be tuned to perfectly fit your needs. The fibers are available in both random- and aligned fiber orientation. Random fiber alignment mimics native decellularized tissue. The aligned fibers provides the cells with a physical structure that resembles the tissue in the central nervous system and heart and skeletal muscle, where cellular orientation can have impact on respective tissue functions.
- True 3D micro-environments, not a rugged 2D surface.
- Compatible with standard light/fluorescent microscopy and optically semi-transparent.
- Designed for compatibility with standard and high-throughput lab equipment.
- No special media or reagents are needed.
- Cells are easily removed using Trypsin-EDTA, or other standard procedures.
- Extracellular matrix protein coatings of the fiber networks using for example laminin, collagen, fibronectin, poly L-Lysine, ligands, etc. is possible using standard lab protocols.
Compatible Assays & Analytical Methods
- Proliferation: AlamarBlue, MTT, MTS, WST-1, CellTiter.
- Microscopy: Fluorescence, Confocal, Optical, SEM, TEM, Phase holographic.
- Protein/RNA Extraction: RIPA, RNeasy kit.
- Protocols for seeding, imaging and other assays can be found under protocols.
- Material: poly-lactic acid (PLA), polyvinyl-alcohol (PVA), polyamide-6 (nylon-6), polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF), gelatin
- Scaffold thickness: 20 to 3000 μm.
- Fibre diameter: 100 to 5000 nm.
- Pore size: 3 to 150 μm.
- Overall porosity: app. 80-95%.